Make a Gift of Cash
How it works:
1.) Make a donation online: Woods has partnered with Network for Good to securely process your online credit card donation. Woods uses your gift for its “Greatest Need” or for the purpose you have specified.
2.) Download the donation reply form and send it with a check (payable to Woods Services) and mail to Woods Services, Development Office, P.O. Box 36, Langhorne PA 19047.
Woods Services accepts unrestricted gifts as well as donations restricted for specific programs and projects, provided that such gifts are consistent with Woods Services’ mission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215)750-4250 if you have any questions or need our assistance.
- Make a gift that immediately benefits the people served by Woods.
- Receive a charitable tax deduction.
Double Your Gift through Your Employer’s Matching Gift Program
Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Some even provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
To find out if your company will match gifts to Woods Services, please visit the HEP website and enter your company or employer’s name in the search field.
If your employer requires an Employer Identification Number (EIN, i.e. Federal Tax Identification Number), please use 23-1322002.
Make a Gift of Stock
Gifting stock (appreciated securities) can be more beneficial than giving cash. Because you pay no capital gains tax on the appreciated securities, the after-tax cost is less than a gift of cash.
How it works:
- You transfer securities to Woods Services.
- Woods immediately sells your securities and uses the proceeds as you have directed.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date they are transferred to Woods, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
Our broker is RBC Capital. For questions regarding the transfer, please contact Jerry Vuono at BestVest Investments, LTD. at 484-448-6186 or email@example.com.
DTC Number 0235
F/B/O Account 76402126
Account Name Woods Services
The Federal Tax ID # for the Woods Services is 23-1322002.